Saturday, March 15, 2014

Urge To Purge

I am seriously in PURGE mode! Do you ever get this way? Hope this finds you well. I am in total "Spring cleaning/wanna get everything in order and cleaned up" MODE! This means I'm going through EVERYTHING and getting rid of things we don't need or use. 



I have been reading a lot on minimalism and I would LOVE to be able to live a more minimalistic (did I make a new word???) lifestyle. I am tired of the clutter and chaos STUFF causes. It's not worth it! I find that extra gadgets and things are just not worth it. If it's not necessary or we don't LOVE something or use something, it's going. This week was been freeing in a lot of ways. I dropped off a FULL car load of children's clothing and toys off at church to sell and it was well worth it this time. Most of it sold. I priced everything fairly low and it really did the trick. I have had those experiences though where I said I would NEVER do another consignment sale because it was too much work for too little profit. This time I am happy to say was different! 

So there are piles everywhere. Well in two rooms anyway. I've got a pile of projects to work on and a pile of things to sell. It's getting better though. I've got another trunk load of bags to drop at Good Will this week but want to add to it before going. I've gone through closets, drawers, cabinets... I have just about gone through most everything in the house and piled up things to donate or sell. As for selling, we have another garage sale coming up soon so I am piling up items for that too. Organized purging! It's so freeing! How about you? Do you go through purging phases? Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!  



No comments: